- learn from each experience to review and improve our practice
- plan our engagements to be timely, open and easily understood
- make sure engagement activities are inclusive, accessible and seek a diverse range of perspectives
- be upfront about how much opportunity there is to influence a decision
- provide information to support meaningful community participation
- use a variety of engagement techniques that meet the needs and interests of the community
- let the community know how their input has influenced our decision.
For more details on how you can engage with the City and our commitment to you please view the following document:
This document is also available in the following languages:
If you are aware of other communities who would like to know more about community engagement and opportunities to have their say in their own languages, please contact us.