Water Carters

Water carters are required to be registered under the Food Act 1984.

If you are a business that delivers water for sale to the public which is intended for:

  • human consumption
  • or purposes connected with human consumption (such as preparation of food, making ice for consumption, or preserving unpackaged food)

You must:

  • register your water transport vehicle with the council in whose district your vehicle is garaged – this is your principal council
  • the registration can be done via Streatrader or you can contact your principal council.

When registered you must advise where you will be operating by lodging a Statement of Trade on Streatrader. 

Page last updated: Thursday, 25 November 2021