Object to my property valuation

You will need to follow a statutory process to formally object to your property valuation.

Before objecting to your property valuation, it is a good idea to speak with our Valuations staff. You can do this by completing an online form:

Query a property valuation  

or by contacting us by phone, email or in person.

After discussing your questions or concerns, you may then want to lodge an objection to your property valuation.

You will need to:

  1. download an Objection form
  2. select the  grounds on which your objection is based (there are a number of options provided)
  3. the Actual Value you believe should be in place 
  4. advise if you have already objected within the last 12 months either to our organisation or the State Revenue Office and provide details if the answer is 'yes'
  5. provide the details of your property and valuations from your rate notice including:
    • address and/or description of land
    • property Identification Number
    • land area
    • building area
    • net annual value
    • capital improved value
    • site value
  6. particulars of what the notice should be
  7. your reasons for objecting, including market evidence and arguments for the changes you are proposing

    Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts can not be considered with the current 2020 level valuation shown on your current rates notice.  Valuation objections based on COVID-19 will not be considered for this financial year
  8. your details as the objector including:
    • name
    • status:
      • owner
      • occupier
      • responsible for payment of rates
    • postal address
    • contact numbers
    • date
    • signature
  9. submit your completed objection to us for consideration generally within 2 months of the date of issue on your rate notice.

You will find more information about the Objection process on the objection form, as well as additional information we require depending on which type of property you own:

  • residential
  • commercial/industrial
  • farming/rural

Page last updated: Tuesday, 25 August 2020