In 2012, we developed an Urban Design Framework (UDF) for the Drysdale Town Centre with the local Drysdale community.
The UDF established a vision for how the town centre could be developed in the future.
The UDF also created a concept for the redevelopment of the Town Square. The Town Square includes the eastern end of Wyndham Street and the surrounding parkland next to the Woolworths supermarket and Senior Citizens building.
Woolworths are seeking to redevelop the Wyndham Street store and this created an opportunity to develop a shared vision with the community for an exciting and high quality public space. In 2016 the City consulted with the community on a concept for the Town Square.
The concept sought to:
- improve the existing level issues across the site
- improve pedestrian connections in and around the area
- improve access to existing shops and the senior citizens building
- provide a space for events, increased planting, shade and seating
- provide a planned vision for the area.
The concept was endorsed by Councillors at a Council meeting on 8 May 2018.