Delivery Method: Face-to face (2 days) + Online training (1-1.5 hours)
This two day course will equip candidates with the skills and knowledge required to supervise swimming pool users. The course focus includes pool surveillance, scanning techniques, rescue skills, oxygen resuscitation and emergency care.
Due to the physical requirements of this course, the minimum recommended age for candidates is 16 years.
Candidates in this course will need to complete online training prior to day 1 of the course. Details will be emailed to you once you have enrolled. Please allow 1 – 1.5 hours to complete this component.
This course requires candidates to hold the following prerequisite unit:
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Candidates are to provide this evidence to us by:
- mailing us a Certified True copy of the Statement of Attainment prior to the course OR
- by bringing the original Statement of Attainment and a copy (for us to retain) with you to the course.
Successful completion of this course will result in the award of:
- SISSS00111 - Pool Lifeguard
- PUAEME001B - Provide emergency care
- PUAEME003C - Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- SISCAQU002 - Perform basic water rescues
- SISCAQU006 - Supervise clients at an aquatic locations
- SISCAQU007 - Perform advanced water rescues
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (Issued as a Credit Transfer)
In addition, Candidates will also receive:
- PUAOPE010C - Operate an automated external defibrillator in an emergency
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This qualification is recognised throughout Australia and is valid for 12 months.
This two day training program runs on consecutive days. Please tick the start date below to register.
Participants in this course (Pool Lifeguard) are advised that there are no designated exit points in this program. For assessment purposes, trainer observation is conducted over the duration of the program and both practical and theory assessments are conducted in the final sessions of the last day. To ensure these assessment requirements are met, participants are to attend all sessions and successfully complete all assessments to be considered for an award.