Delivery Method: Face-to face (1 day) + online training 1-1.5 hours
This course will equip candidates with the skills and knowledge required to supervise swimming pool users. The course focus includes pool surveillance, scanning techniques, rescue skills, oxygen resuscitation and emergency care.
This course requires candidates to hold the following prerequisite unit:
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
Candidates are to provide this evidence to us by:
- mailing us a Certified True copy of the Statement of Attainment prior to the course OR
- bringing the original Statement of Attainment and a copy (for us to retain) with you to the course.
Due to the
physical requirements of this course, the minimum recommended age for
candidates is 16 years.
Successful completion of this course will result in the award of:
- SISSS00111 - Pool Lifeguard
- PUAEME001B - Provide emergency care
- PUAEME003C - Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- SISCAQU002 - Perform basic water rescues
- SISCAQU006 - Supervise clients at an aquatic locations
- SISCAQU007 - Perform advanced water rescues
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (Issued as a Credit Transfer)
In addition, Candidates will also receive:
- PUAOPE010C - Operate an automated external defibrillator in an emergency
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This qualification is recognised throughout Australia and is valid for 12 months.