These terms and conditions apply to your Swim Sport & Leisure membership and form part of the conditions of entry.
All terms and conditions have been created to ensure the safety and enjoyment of patrons at all times. These also ensure fair and equitable conditions for all using our centres.
Please discuss these terms and conditions with any Swim Sport & Leisure staff member if you require advice, guidance or clarification.
It’s important to note that the following information is subject to change. In the event of updates or amendments, you will be notified by your centre or through other communications such as a letter, phone call, email or text message.
Please make every effort to familiarise yourself with this information and refer to it when required.
Membership to the City of Greater Geelong Swim Sport & Leisure provides reciprocal access to all Swim Sport & Leisure centres. Non-reciprocal membership is only available at Bellarine Aquatic & Sports Centre (BASC), Ocean Grove. Memberships are non-transferable. Please be sure to choose a membership option that best suits your circumstances:
Adult - for adults 18 years and over who do not hold a concession card.
Active Adult - the Active Adult membership is designed specifically for adults aged 55 years and older. Active Adult members may access centres between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday, and any time on weekends and public holidays.
Concession - Concession members are required to hold a current Blue Pension Card, DVA Gold Card, apprenticeship identification or a full time Student Card. Relevent, current ID will need to be presented at time of joining and may be requested at any time to prove eligibility for ongoing concession membership rates.
Family - Family Membership is available to two adults and any amount of fully dependent children up to 18 years of age living at the same address. Full time students aged 18 and over still living with their family are eligible for a 70 percent discount on a 12 Month Student Concession Membership, valid only for the Family Membership term. Any students to be considered under a Family Membership may be asked to produce current full time student identification.
Corporate Adult or Family - Corporate Memberships apply to staff of any workplace that joins five or more staff as members. Proof of employment must be provided. Family Membership conditions outlined above apply to the Corporate Family Membership.
Off Peak - Off Peak Memberships are designed for those who are able to use centre facilities and services between the hours of 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday and any time on weekends and public holidays. Off Peak members may use the centre outside of these times for an upgrade fee.
The two methods of membership payment are:
- Lump Sum: Pay for your total cost of membership up front upon joining.
- Monthly Direct Debit: Membership payments are made in advance for the coming month from a nominated bank account or credit account (Visa Card or Mastercard):
The monthly membership fee will be debited from your account on or around the 28th day of each month. If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, your account will be debited on the next banking day.
- In the event the bank rejects a direct debit payment, an alternative payment must be made. Your access to our centres may be restricted during this time until the outstanding amount has been paid.
You may cancel your membership and direct debit payments by giving one month’s notice in writing by completing a Cancellation Form. Please note that cancellations are not accepted via email or phone call.
- To ensure confidentiality of bank account details and accuracy of records, any change made to your membership and/or payment details should be made in person in-centre.
- You will receive a minimum of 30 days notice in writing of any membership fee increase.
- Renewal fees for Lump Sum memberships are payable as determined by management. Membership rights will cease if membership fees remain unpaid by the due date.
- Membership discounts apply when renewing an Adult, Corporate or Family 12 Month Lump Sum membership. Discounts only apply if payment is made prior to the membership expiring. This discount does not apply to Active Adult Lump Sum memberships.
Suspending your membership
In line with our Membership Policy,
the following terms and conditions
apply when suspending a Swim
Sport & Leisure membership:
- All suspension applications must be in
multiples of weeks or months.
- Suspension durations are for a minimum of two (2) weeks and a maximum of six (6)
months in total per year of membership.
- Direct Debit and Lump Sum 12 Month
members are eligible for two (2) suspensions
per year of membership.
- Direct Debit and Lump Sum 12 Month
Active Adult members are eligible for four
(4) suspensions per year of membership.
Lump Sum 3 Month members may suspend
once for a minimum of two (2) weeks and
a maximum of two (2) months in total.
City of Greater Geelong Corporate Payroll
members are required to complete a payroll
deduction form in addition to this form.
- Suspension for medical reasons may be
back-dated with a valid medical certificate.
- When suspending a Family Membership, the
suspension will apply to all family members.
- Your Swim Sport & Leisure membership
access will resume on the return date
specified on this form. Direct debit payments
may recommence prior to this date should
a pro rata payment be required.
Swim Sport & Leisure debit your account on
or around the 28th of the month. Direct debit
membership suspensions submitted after the 20th day of the month will be applied the
following month. Any credit applicable will
be applied to a direct debit upon your return.
- No refund will be provided if you choose to
cancel your direct debit membership while
your membership is suspended
Cancelling a membership
Cancellation Forms are available from reception staff at all centres.
- A cooling off period of seven (7) days applies
from the date of joining.
- One month’s notice is required to cancel
all Direct Debit and City of Greater Geelong Corporate Payroll
- A fee of $50.00 will be charged upon
cancellation of Lump Sum memberships.
Any outstanding amounts are to be settled
upon cancelling your membership.
- City of Greater Geelong Corporate Payroll members are required
to complete a Payroll Deduction Form in
addition to this form. Please ask SSL staff
for a copy.
If you are cancelling your membership while on suspension, any credit on your
membership will be voided.
Due to direct debit processing timings,
members cancelling after the 20th day of
any month will incur the following month’s
membership fee in full.
Forms for you to make changes to your membership details including contact details and any direct debit account information are available from reception staff at all centres.
- Please note that changes to membership and banking details will need to be submitted by the 20th of the month.
- Changes to your contact details may also be made online.
- If a Lump Sum member wishes to upgrade or downgrade their membership, they will be required to cancel their existing membership and rejoin on a new Lump Sum membership (3 or 12 months). The remaining credit on their existing membership will be applied to their new chosen membership. Where credit amount is greater than the new membership cost the difference will be issued to the member.
Your personalised membership identification card must be presented at each visit to gain entry to our facilities. Your membership card remains the property of Swim Sport & Leisure at all times. Membership cards are not transferable. A small fee will be charged for the replacement of a lost membership card.
Around our gyms, group exercise rooms and common areas:
- Please wear closed toe shoes for the gym and in group exercise classes and suitable clothing for any other planned activity. Bring water and a towel to your work outs.
- In the gym, patrons aged 12-15 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 16. Patrons aged 16+ can use the gym independently.
- Patrons aged 12+ can attend Group Exercise, Aqua Aerobics classes and MOTIVATE sessions independently.
- Medical clearance may be required. Staff will advise if relevant to you.
- Gym equipment should only be used after demonstration by a qualified gym instructor.
- Consider using lockers where available as staff cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of any personal items.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to group exercise class commencement. Late entry to classes will not be permitted for safety reasons.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol within our centres and on our grounds is not permitted.
- Food and drink are to be confined to the cafe area where applicable. No glass is permitted within the centres.
Around our pools, spas, saunas and water play areas:
- We are an accredited Watch Around Water facility meaning there are guidelines that must be followed when visiting our pools. Please refer to the General Admission sign, pool signage or speak to any staff member.
- Rules relating to all aquatic facilities and activities must be adhered to at all times.
Management reserves the right to:
- Cancel your membership and refuse entry to any person not adhering to our Swim Sport & Leisure Membership Terms and Conditions.
- Close any facility, or part of, at any time for urgent maintenance or upgrades. Every effort will be made to communicate closure to members.