Dieldrin - who is responsible for testing (contaminated) land and approving its future use?

The Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA) recommends that any buyer of land undertake their own independent sampling of any land for contaminants if they are worried about past land use.

The City of Greater Geelong Planning Scheme has applied soil assessment requirements for all major residential growth areas.

If significant levels of contamination are found, this would trigger the full requirements of the Environment Protection Act 1970.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 19 January 2022