How Do I Report?

In response to concerns for the safety of our residents, the Geelong and Bellarine Community Safety Network has received State Government funding to the value of $50,000 to deliver a range of community safety initiatives.

A portion of this grant has been allocated to the design, print and distribution of a ‘How Do I Report?’ magnet, that aims to promote reporting avenues for issues in road safety.

The City, together with Victoria Police, Crime Stoppers, and the Victorian Government, have created the Community Safety ‘How Do I Report?" magnet which includes phone numbers and information about each community safety agency, and aims to assist the public to contact the correct agency when an issue arises.

Information provided on the magnet

Police 000 Emergency (immediate police attendance)
  • Crime in progress
  • Life-threatening situation
131 444 Police Assistance Line - or report non-urgent crime and events online
  • Theft
  • Property damage
  • Lost property
  • General police enquiries
Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000 or
You do not have to give your name.
  • Hooning
  • Information about a crime
  • Reporting a known offender
Vicroads 13 11 70 (24 hours, 7 days a week) or
  • Report a hazard or make a road/traffic enquiry
Transport Accident Commission 1300 654 329 (Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:30pm) or
  • Road safety information
  • Make a claim
  • General enquiries
City of Greater Geelong 03 5272 5272 or Geelong City app (via App Store or Google Play)
  • Graffiti (support and advice)
  • Damaged signage
  • Damaged footpath
  • Rubbish / hard waste
  • Animal management requests
  • Damage to City-owned public open space equipment or features


Page last updated: Wednesday, 1 April 2020