Police assistance for hooning

Don’t let your street become a speedway! 
  1. Report hoons to the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 if activity is still ongoing.
  2. If reporting activity after it has occurred, call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Your report is completely confidential – you don’t have to give your name.

What Police Assistance Line or Crime Stoppers need to know

When you report a hoon, please provide as much information as you can, such as

  • type of hoon driving problem: speeding, burnouts, doughnuts

  • location: street and suburb

  • time event occurs: day(s) of the week and time(s) of the day

  • description of vehicles involved: make, model and colour; registration if possible.

  • driver identification: description; name and address if known.

Reporting by phone

Call 131 444 to report active hooning. If you wish to report activity after incidents has occurred, please call 1800 333 000 to speak to Crime Stoppers.

Reporting via the web

Hoon driving and vehicle impoundment

Go to Victoria Legal Aid website.

Page last updated: Tuesday, 3 May 2022