A Works Within Road Reserve Permit must be applied for prior to any works commencing.
Approval for works within a road reserve is granted as a
- Works Within Road Reserve Permit where the work area is under 8.5 square metres or
- Consent for Works Within Road Reserve where the work area is over 8.5 square metres.
You can now apply online for a consent for works within roads reserves.
To apply for Works Within Road Reserve Permit please contact [email protected] or 03 5272 5272.
You will need the following information in order to lodge your request:
- a current copy of your Public Liability Insurance or a Certificate of Currency to the value of $10 million – this information will be recorded on our Public Liability Register
- details of dimensions, location and type of works
- details of who will be responsible for the reinstatement works, if any
- a Traffic Management Plan if the work area is over 8.5 square metres.
After submitting your online application you will receive your permit in the mail along with the invoice for payment. This process can take up to 10 working days.