Apply for a Works Within Road Reserve Permit

A Works Within Road Reserve Permit is needed before undertaking works in our road reserve.

Approval for works within a road reserve is granted as a

  • Consent for Works Within Road Reserve where the work area is over 8.5 square metres.
    • You can apply online for a consent for works within roads reserves.

You will need the following information in order to lodge your request for a Consent permit:

  • a current copy of your Public Liability Insurance or a Certificate of Currency to the value of $10 million – this information will be recorded on our Public Liability Register
  • details of dimensions, location and type of works
  • details of who will be responsible for the reinstatement works, if any
  • a Traffic Management Plan if the work area is over 8.5 square metres.

After submitting your online application you will receive your permit in the mail along with the invoice for payment. This process can take up to 10 working days.

Page last updated: Thursday, 25 January 2024