Each year, millions of people around the globe take the challenge and choose to refuse single-use plastics.
Plastic Free July is a campaign led by the Plastic Free Foundation. Each year, millions of people around the globe take the challenge and choose to refuse single-use plastics.
Want some tips to find out how you can reduce plastic waste?
The good news is, anyone can get involved. You can start out small, or really challenge yourself!
If you think about it, there are probably several single use plastic items that you use on almost a daily basis.
For many people, these items include:
- takeaway coffee cups
- single use plastic shopping bags
- produce bags
- bottled water or soft drink and
- cling wrap or zip lock bags.
Start with everyday alternatives including:
- BYO reusable coffee cup
- let your veggies mingle or take your own reusable produce bags
- use reusable food wraps, sandwich pouches and containers instead of cling wrap and zip lock bags
- say no to a plastic straw or choose to use a reusable straw instead
- carry a reusable water bottle with you and fill it up during the day
- remember to bring your reusable shopping bags.
Curious to know what people have done for Plastic Free July?
Read inspirational stories on reducing single-use plastic waste at home, work, or in their community.