What to do with it?
With the closure of the SKM Recycling facility all kerbside recycling cannot be sorted and is temporarily going to landfill.
Did you know?
Alternatively, there are a number of recycling options available for some items during the current kerbside recycling disruption. These include:
- Soft plastics such as bread bags, biscuit packet wrappers, pasta and rice bags, frozen food and veggie bags can continue to be dropped off at participating Coles and Woolworths supermarkets. See the full list.
- Cardboard (excluding Tetra Pak packaging), paper, metal and aluminium cans can be dropped off for recycling at the Drysdale and Geelong Resource Recovery Centres.
- Polystyrene packaging can be dropped off at the Geelong Resource Recovery Centre.
Wherever possible residents are encouraged to reduce their recycling by:
- avoiding products packaged in glass or plastic
- purchasing products packaged in metal and aluminium cans, paper or cardboard.