Recycling - getting it sorted!
The City has launched its latest campaign encouraging residents to put the right things in their recycling bin.
The key messages for the campaign
- Put all bagged material in the rubbish bin.
- Keep your recycling loose.
- Empty all containers, bottles and cans.
- Put plastic bags and other softs plastics in the rubbish bin or drop them off at participating Coles and Woolworths for recycling.
- Put polystyrene in your rubbish bin or take it to the Geelong Resource Recovery Centre for recycling.
- Put cardboard cartons designed to hold liquids into the rubbish bin.
The campaign will run over the next 18 months and include bin inspections, letterbox drops, social media posts and press advertising.
From empty aerosol
cans to clean takeaway containers, there are many items that can go into your
recycling bin. Just follow the golden rule of recycling – “keep it loose”.
Plastic bags, frozen food packaging and wrappers cannot be recycled in your recycling bin. They either go into the rubbish bin or you drop them off at a participating supermarket for recycling.
Got a question about a specific item? Check out our comprehensive Recycling Guide.
Information about our kerbside recycling and rubbish collection.