It has never been easier to buy, swap and sell your things.
Furniture, baby goods, sports equipment, clothes, you name it. All it takes is a quick post on Facebook - with a photo uploaded from your phone - and you’re in business.
If you’re not on Facebook, ask a friend or relative to help you out.
It’s a great way to clean up around the house, while making some extra cash.
You get rid of something you no longer need, someone else picks it up for a bargain price and nothing goes to landfill – everyone’s a winner!
Join your local Facebook secondhand group
Here’s a list of some of the most popular ones:
- Geelong Online Sales
- Geelong Online Baby Sales
- Geelong Facebay Buy Swap Sell
- Geelong Buy, Sell, Swap or Giveaway
- Geelong Buy, Swap and Sell
- Bellarine Buy, Sell, Swap
- OGBH Secondhand Page
- OGBH Sell My Stuff
- Ocean Grove Secondhand Page
- Leopold Buy, Swap, Sell & Services
- Corio Sales, Buy, Sell, Trade
- Lara/Corio District Online Sales
- Surfcoast, Geelong, Ocean Grove and Barwon Heads Secondhand
Tips for selling items on Facebook
- Make sure you include a photo, brief description of your item, price, measurements (for furniture items) and specify if it needs to be picked up or if you are willing to deliver it.
- If you’ve advertised it elsewhere, make sure you write that in the post.
- If your item has any noticeable damage/flaws then be up front about it and let people know in your post.
- Once your item has been sold, make sure you delete your post.
- If you want to get rid of a large number of items – such as toys or baby clothes – then sell them as a bundle.
- Don’t tell people your address in a public post, instead negotiate pick up with the person buying it via a private message.