- Be aged at least 12 years old, and be no older than 25 at the date of submitting the expression of interest.
- Live, work, study or have a strong community connection to the Geelong region.
- Identify as person from the LGBTIQA+ community.
- Have an understanding of and interest in the Greater Geelong community.
- A commitment to inclusion for people who identify as LGBTIQA+
- Members over 18 may be required to obtain a Working with Children Checks (WWCC) as part of the Child Safe Standards Policy (applications for a volunteer WWCC will be supported upon successful appointment to the group).
- Members cannot be appointed to any other council advisory committee or council, that is: Geelong Youth Council during their term.
This Advisory Group commences on 6 March 2024 Members will be appointed
to a one-year term with an option to reapply for a second term.
The Rainbow Youth Advisory Group is a voluntary position.
Young people will complete an expression of interest (EOI) process
which will include an interview conducted
by the Youth Development Officer (Social Inclusion) or delegate.
Membership will be selected by the Youth
Development Social Inclusion Officers following the expression of interest
process and interview short list.
The Rainbow Youth Advisory Group will
meet monthly at Wurriki Nyal, additional meetings maybe required occasionally.
Meeting dates will be organised by the Youth Development Officer - Social Inclusion and
members will be informed by email. Members will be required to attend a RYAG induction and training day.
people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer,
Asexual as well as Pansexual, Gender Diverse, Non-Binary, Gender Queer,
Agender, Aromantic, Brother boy and Sister girl.
Need to know more...
If you have any questions about the Rainbow Youth Advisory Group or need assistance with your application, contact Dejah Grull (Youth Development Officer – Social Inclusion) on 0400 819 753 or email: [email protected].