||Is the Building or Place / Venue used or intended to be used for the purpose of Public Entertainment?
||Occupancy Permit/Siting Approval not required.
||Go to Q2
|Note: Public Entertainment is defined as an Entertainment or meeting to which admission may ordinarily be gained by members of the Public.
||Does the Building or Place / Venue have an area greater than 500 square metres?
||Occupancy Permit not required
Go to Q8
|Go to Q3
||Is the Building or Place / Venue enclosed or substantially enclosed?
||Go to Q4
||Go to Q5
|Note: Enclosed or substantially enclosed is considered to be a controlled space (by fencing, structures, or natural features) that a reasonable person would see as being an exclusive area.
||Is admission to the Building or Place/Venue gained by payment of money or giving of other consideration?
||Go to Q8
||Go to Q5
||Is the event organized and controlled by a Community Based Organisation. For the purpose of definition a “community-based organisation means a body, whether or not a corporate body that –
- is not established primarily for the purpose of profit or gain; and
- does not distribute any part of any profit or gain made in the conduct of its activities to any members of the organisation; and
- operates in a community wholly for:
- a philanthropic or benevolent purpose, including the promotion of art, culture, science, religion, education or charity; or
- any sporting or recreational purpose, including the benefiting of any sporting or recreational club or association.
|Go to Q7
||Go to Q6
||Does the number of persons attending the community based organisation event exceed 5000 at any one time?
||Go to Q8
||Go to Q7
||Is the Building or Place / Venue contained within a Prescribed Place of Public Entertainment? For example: Kardinia Park (Geelong) or Melbourne Cricket Ground.
||Application for Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment to be made to the Municipal Building Surveyor.
||Application for Permit for a Prescribed Place of Public Entertainment to be made to the Victorian Building Authority.
|Note: Private Building Surveyors may only issue a Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment where a related Building Permit is required for Building Work.
||Does the proposal include any Prescribed Temporary Structures, such as:
- Tents, Marquees or Booths with a floor area greater than 100 square metres.
- Seating stands for more than 20 persons.
- Stages or platforms (including sky borders and sky wings) exceeding 150 square metres floor area.
- Pre-fabricated buildings exceeding 100 square metres.
|Siting Approval not required.
||Occupancy Permits for Prescribed Temporary Structures must obtained from the Victorian Building Authority.
|Siting of any prescribed temporary structures must be approved by the Municipal Building Surveyor.
|Erection of Prescribed Temporary Structures must be carried out by the Relevant Registered Building Practitioners.
|Certificate of Compliance-Inspection must be issued by Relevant Building Practitioners when structures erected.
|Certificate of Compliance-Inspection and Occupancy Certificate to be displayed on the structure.