Planning certificates

Planning certificate information may be required when a block of land or a property is changing hands or being re-mortgaged and is included in the Section 32 information. 

These are issued by the Minister for Planning.

On application and relevant fee payment, the Minister for Planning will issue a planning certificate to you.

The planning certificate usually contains:

  • the zoning of the land
  • any overlays on the property concerned including heritage listings and/or precincts affecting the named property and adjoining properties
  • Planning scheme amendments that may apply.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 1 December 2021