The Planning Scheme controls the type of activities and development you can do on your land.
The planning scheme sets out all the information about each zone, including:
- a description of its purpose
- the requirements on the way you can use land in that zone
Each zone lists land uses in three sections:
- Section 1 - Uses that do not require a permit
- Section 2 - Uses that require a permit
- Section 3 - Uses that are prohibited
Sometimes a use in Section 1 or Section 2 must meet specified conditions. If these are not met, you may require a permit or the usage may be prohibited.
Note that these sections refer to the use of land, not to the development of land.