Our Greater Geelong Planning Scheme specifies what can be developed, and where, for industrial use.
Industrial development occurs in areas zoned as industrial.
There are three industrial zones specified throughout Victoria:
- IN1Z - Industrial 1
- IN2Z - Industrial 2
- IN3Z - Industrial 3
We employ strategies and encourage good design principles where industry is being developed.
Industrial activities may include:
- building and construction
When considering industrial development, try to consider:
- good access for employees, freight and road transport
- appropriate buffer areas between your proposed industrial land and nearby sensitive land uses
- appropriate standards of safety and amenity
- inter-industry conflict
- environmental effects for adjoining businesses and neighbours including nuisance or exposure to hazards
- future industrial requirements for your industry on site.
Need to know more...
More information can be found in the Greater Geelong Planning Scheme.
Why not find out more about the Planning Permits process?
Or you may wish to view our Industrial Development Planning Permit Checklist.