Register an exempt dog

Dogs that are exempt from registration fees must still be registered with Council.

To register a guide dog, police dog, Customs dog or an assistance dog you will need to:

  1. fill in a pet registration form
  2. provide us with a copy of the documentation confirming the type of assistance dog and the person responsible for the care and/or training of the dog (this should be the person applying for registration).

The dog registration can be completed and issued with a pet registration tag.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 16 January 2019