This plan outlines how we manage pets in the City of Greater Geelong.
The plan identifies how we will:
- help pets, pet owners and the general community to live together
- protect the environment and local wildlife from the negative impacts of dogs and cats
- balance the needs of those who own pets with those who do not
- address animal management welfare and legal issues
- promote responsible pet ownership
- improve the experience of animal ownership.
It is a requirement of the Domestic Animal Management Act 1994.