The new Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme streamlines the application process, making it easier, simpler and consistent across the state.
Improvements to the Scheme include:
- introduction of temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months
- permanent permit length is 5 years for individuals
- introduction of a permanent disability classification, so reassessments are not required for some people’s future permit renewals
- a new single and secure state-wide permit design that will reduce the misuse of permits
- the inclusion of occupational therapists as assessors, in addition to GPs and
- Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.
All existing City of Greater Geelong permits will remain valid until they expire.
Australian Disability Parking Permit
A category one permit holder (driver/passenger) is entitled to park a vehicle (throughout Australia) in:
- reserved disability parking bay for the time displayed on the parking sign, or
- any ordinary parking bay for twice as long as the time displayed on the parking sign.
Victorian Double Time Accessible Parking Permit
A category two permit holder (driver/passenger) is entitled to:
- park a vehicle in any ordinary parking bay for twice as long as the time displayed on the parking sign.
Only valid in the State of Victoria.
You can read more about the Accessible Parking Permit (APP) Scheme on the VicRoads website or contact our Customer Service Team by phone or email.