Our Business Parking Scheme has conditions of operation for the Little Ryrie Street off street car parking.
The objective of the scheme is to provide parking for businesses who have no or limited off-street parking in areas of the City where on-street parking in close proximity to their place of business to support the operation of the business.
That is, the regular use of a vehicle throughout the day is integral to the operation of the business.
- All parking permits are issued on a street or area basis and are valid in the specified street or area only.
- Permits are issued to designated vehicles (by registration number) and are not transferable from vehicle to vehicle or from person to person.
- Permits are not transferable with the sale of business. New tenants will need to apply on own merit and may be subject to a waiting list.
- Proof of ownership of a vehicle must be provided, or a statutory declaration if the vehicle is not registered in the applicant's name.
- Permits are valid only in designated permit zones or in areas where exemptions from the sign posted parking restrictions are indicated.
- The issue of a permit does not exempt the permit holder from No Standing, No Parking, Clearway, Bus Zone, Taxi Zone, Loading Zone or other parking prohibitions as specified in the Road Rules Victoria.
- Permits are valid to 30 June and must be renewed annually.
- Vehicles not registered in Victoria will be issued a permit for 3 months only.
- Permits are limited to vehicles with gross vehicle mass of less than 3 tonnes and will no be issued for trucks, caravans, or trailers.
- Permit labels must be displayed on the inside of the vehicle's windscreen, adjacent to or immediately above the registration label so that the label is clearly visible from outside of the vehicle.
- Council may withdraw the right to eligibility for parking permits if deliberate abuses of the scheme are determined.
- Permits are valid from 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Saturday only.
Business parking permits
- A maximum of two permits will be issued to a business with up to 10 employees. If available, additional permits will be issued to larger businesses with 11 or more employees.
- The maximum number of permits will be reduced for each parking space available or potentially available on-site.
- In multi-tenanted properties, the first permit will be issued to the larger tenant and the second permit to the second largest tenant.
- Permits are issued only to the ratepayer of registered occupier of a property.
- Permits will not be issued to illegal users/businesses with non-conforming use rights.
- Permits will only be issued to businesses that require access to vehicles as part of the operation of the business. The scheme is not intended to provide staff with commuter parking.
Forms are available at any of our Customer Service Centres. Applicants will need to provide proof of:
- vehicle ownership - registration certificate or a statutory declaration; and
- occupancy - rate notice or copy of lease agreement.
Payments can be made at Customer Service Centres between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday or by mail to:
PO Box 104
GEELONG VIC 3220
Annual fees of $2,480 currently apply.
Need to know more...
Contact our Parking Services Unit on 03 5272 5272.