The Regional Parenting Service is committed to providing high quality parenting information and support.
To help protect public health our parenting programs will be run online. For more information please visit our childcare
The Regional Parenting Service aims to:
- promote and enhance parenting and parent education
- identify service gaps
- provide parenting information to families, professionals and other interested community workers
- assist organisations to conduct parenting and parent education activities by providing facilitators and/or financial support
- identify parenting resources and programs available across the region
- develop and support networks between organisations involved with families
- improve links between the community and organisations providing parental support
- conduct programs and workshops for schools, community groups and the general public throughout the Barwon South Western Region.
Service aims and expectations
This service aims to strengthen parenting skills and family relationships by ensuring that parents have access to high quality parenting information, skills training and support.
The service provides a wide range of parent education and skills training including programs for schools, preschools, child care centres, churches and other mainstream agencies.
Support is also provided for professionals working with parents. The Regional Parenting Service has a quarterly calendar of events available.
For more information, please contact our Regional Parenting Service staff.