Calling all professional or emerging fashion designers ....
Do you work in Sustainable and Ethical Textiles and Fashion?
Ready to show your work in an international forum? And possibly win the $10,000 AUD "Designer of the Year" award?
Join us and be part of the first We The Makers Design Festival - showcasing the original work of makers, designers and artists from across Australia and the world.
Join us and register you intent to submit your designs here.
Entry is free and there are two ways you can create and participate:
The place for everyone from established makers, designers and artists to those just starting out. The place where you can create, display and sell your headwear, scarves, bodywear and footwear.
The showcase for professional or emerging fashion designers ...
We The Makers
Design Festival - Designer Showcase is a UNESCO Geelong - City of Design biennial festival from the National Wool Museum, Geelong, Australia
The 2020 inaugural theme: ‘Design for the Future: Sustainable and
Ethical Textiles and Fashion’.
We The Makers
Design Festival - Designer Showcase will exhibit original creations by 20
top professional and emerging fashion designers from across Australia and
around the world.
Each entrant is
required to enter a “look” (head to toe outfit) that responds to the festival
theme: ‘Design for the Future:
Sustainable and Ethical Textiles and Fashion’. Entries will be
judged on their ability to design and redefine sustainable and ethical
All entries must
be available to be showcased at the National Wool Museum, Geelong Australia for
the entirety of the We the Makers Design Festival: 15 May to 4 October
20 entries will be selected and invited to take part in the Designer
How to enter
- Make: Make one “look” head to toe that responds to the Festival theme: 'Design for the Future: Sustainable and Ethical Textiles and Fashion. The look should include shoes and accessories that support the overall design – these can either be created by you or purchased - as long as they are consistent with 'Design for the Future: Sustainable and Ethical Textiles and Fashion'.
Document: we are all about making, so be sure to tell your story and that your entry
- Enter: Complete the entry form and submit it online along with the requested
supporting materials, including images, videos and descriptions. Digital entries close
2 March 2020.
- Wait: First round judging will take place to select the top twenty entries
that will be exhibited and go in the running for $10,000 Designer of the Year and other awards.
notified 16 March 2020.
- Send: Upon hearing from the National Wool Museum send in your entry to the
National Wool Museum. Selected entries must be delivered by 6 April 2020.
- Celebrate: Come to the We the Makers launch at the National Wool Museum, Geelong, Australia on 14 May 2020
to see if you become Designer of the Year.
||25 November 2019
||2 March 2020
|First round judging of online entries:
||9 March 2020
|Top twenty entrants notified:
||16 March 2020
|Final date for delivery of top twenty entries:
||6 April 2020
|Festival opening and awards:
||14 May 2020
||15 May 2020
||4 October 2020
Entry Fees, Terms and Conditions
There are no entry fees for the Designer
All submissions must be the original work of the
All entries must be available to be showcased at
the National Wool Museum, Geelong,
Australia for the entirety of
the We the Makers Design Festival:
- 6 April 2020 - final date for delivery
- 15 May - 4 October 2020 display and exhibition
- 15 November - final date for return delivery
No items will be
selected into the Designer Showcase are eligible to win the Designer of the
Year $10,000 AUD cash award and other prizes.
All display is at the sole discretion of the
National Wool Museum.
All entrants must cover the cost of postage to
the National Wool Museum for the exhibition.
The National Wool Museum will cover the postage
for the return of items.
More information, including further announcements about cash prizes and professional development awards coming soon.
Sign up for the National Wool Museum email newsletter
for updates - and start making!