The Barwon Coast Committee of Management has updated dog control orders for coastal areas between Connewarre and Collendina.
The list and accompanying map show the areas of Barwon Coast impacted by the changes. When you visit the area, use the corresponding dog control signage and beach markers to identify where the controls apply.
These changes were made in consultation with the community and are designed to create safe and accessible coastal public spaces for all to enjoy. As Council has agreed to adopt the orders, they are now able to be enforced by our animal management team.
For more information, visit the Barwon Coast Committee of Management's ShareOurShore Campaign page.
New dog control orders
The following dog control orders came into effect on 26
Area A (40W to 36W)
- Dogs must be on lead when horses are present. Otherwise, they are permitted off lead.
Area B (36W to 34W) and Area C (27W to 15W
- Dogs are permitted on leash from 1 December to 30 April from 7:00pm to 9:00am and prohibited from 9:00am to 7:00pm.
- Dogs are allowed off leash from 1 May to 30 November.
Area D (15W west to 13W) – Ocean Grove Main
These orders are being trialled for 12 months:
- Dogs are prohibited from 1 December to 30 April.
- Dogs are allowed on leash in this area from 1 May to 30 November.
Area E (8W to 7W)
- Dogs must be kept on leash 75 metres either side of the Collendina Beach access point.
- Dogs are allowed off leash in the remainder of this zone.
Map key descriptions
Off leash – Dogs off leash if under effective control and supervision, year round.
On leash – Area A conditional in the presence of horses, off leash all other times. Area E: 75 metres either side of beach access point, off leash remainder of zone.
Prohibited – Year round.
Seasonal 1 – On leash 7:00pm to 9:00am, prohibited 9:00am to 7:00pm (1 December to 30 April). Off leash all hours (1 May to 30 November).
Seasonal 2 – Prohibited (1 December to 30 April). On leash 1 May to 30 November).