You don’t have to live in the country to be at risk of fire.
If you live near areas that have significant bush, forest, long grass, or coastal scrub, then you need to plan for the fire season:
- clean up around your property and remove potential fire hazards including long, dead grass, debris and flammable items (the City’s fire inspections are now underway)
- have a bushfire plan, practice it and share it with family, neighbours and friends because not everyone thinks clearly in an emergency
- download the VicEmergency app for emergency information and warnings
- know your area’s daily fire danger rating by visiting cfa.vic.gov.au or calling 1800 226 226 and
- check their website for restrictions on open fires if you’re camping or visiting Parks Victoria land.