Geelong’s unique creative heritage and exciting design-driven future will be showcased to the whole community at Geelong Design Week 2020 from 19 to 29 March 2020.
The community has embraced Geelong’s global recognition as a UNESCO City of Design, with more than 90 applications from organisations and individuals eager to host events.
Design Week events will focus on how design impacts our daily lives, and how thinking outside the square and doing it differently can make life better.
Across 11 days, Design Week will feature workshops, exhibitions, performances, screenings and pop-up installations which explore new ideas and challenge what is possible.
You will be able to:
- Hear from international design experts;
- Find out how virtual reality can help us see into the past and the future;
- Learn how design can be used to improve sustainability in all areas of life;
- Better understand our region’s Indigenous culture and heritage; and
- Explore Geelong’s vast collection of public and street art.
Geelong Design Week will showcase our drive to innovate and use creativity to help build a more sustainable, resilient and inclusive community.