All new dog and cat registrations can now be done online. Every dog and cat from three months of age must be registered with the City.
You can register new pets online here. If you have a myGeelong account then you can also pay your registration renewal online.
What do I get for my registration fees?
• Individualised tags for each registered pet, so our animal management team can reunite them with you if they ever go missing.
• Facilities such as pounds and shelters, dog poo bins and dog parks.
• Handy pet resources such as the Park your Pet app, and SMS notifications.
• Events and programs, such as our annual discounted cat desexing offer.
• A professional and committed animal management team patrolling our parks and beaches, investigating complaints about dog attacks, animal nuisances and illegal breeding.
• Education programs for kindergarten and primary school children about preventing dog bites.