Traffic signals at the intersection of Malop Street and Yarra Street are scheduled to be moved mid-week. Signals will be turned off individually as they are moved. Traffic management personnel will be in place during this time to divert pedestrians. Vehicle access through the intersection will continue as per the current arrangement.
- Continuation of demolition of the Malop Street road pavement between the mid-block pedestrian crossing and Yarra Street. Machinery will be on site to dig and remove excavated materials and bring in new road base.
- Intermittent use of road compacting machinery which is likely to result in ground vibrations being felt during its operation.
- Pedestrian access from Market Square to Westfield shopping centres across Malop Street will be on the sealed surface aligned with the Market Square loading dock while the mid-crossing crossing paving and central traffic signal works are undertaken.
- There will be some noisy work with cutting of pavers.
- There may be some short periods of hammering or cutting.
- Continuation of preparation work for the installation of underground growing cells (strata vaults) for new trees on north side.
- Continuation of preparation work for sub surface drains and construction for the base layer of the new road pavement.
- Commence laying kerb stones in the second half of the week.
Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained during all trading hours. If access is required outside your normal trading hours, please contact the construction Site Manager with as much notice as possible, so access can be facilitated. See contact details below.
A pedestrian link between Market Square and Westfield shopping centres will continue to be available for all trading hours during the works. Way-finding signage will be in place to direct pedestrians.
Malop Street will continue to be closed to all vehicle and cycling traffic between Moorabool and Yarra streets until completion in mid-year.
The Malop Street loading dock to Market Square will not be available for deliveries during the road closure and alternative arrangements have been made for deliveries via the Market Square loading dock in Yarra Street.
Hours of work
||Standard day shift hours for the project will be from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
On industry RDOs, there will be less activity on site.
||Any future night shifts will be advised.
On site contact – Site Manager
For any immediate works-related enquiries, please contact the 2Construct Site Manager, Michael Waldron on 0403 719 925.
Calling for interested partners - May Magic – Spend and Win
During the month of May shoppers who spend $30 or more at a Central Geelong business are eligible to enter Central Geelong Marketing's May Magic competition at the Central Geelong redemption locations in Malop Street.
Every entry (while stocks last) is rewarded with a $10 voucher on the spot to spend in a participating Central Geelong business and goes in the draw to win a new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross from Kings Cars.
Central Geelong Marketing is seeking interest from Central Geelong businesses to be a redemption partner for the vouchers to be distributed to entrants. Central Geelong Marketing will reimburse businesses $5 from every voucher presented to participating businesses.
If you would like to see how your business can be part of May Magic and contact Emma Jennings at Central Geelong Marketing on 03 5272 4297.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can email our team or speak to either:
||0413 288 403
||0428 897 323
You can also come past The Workshop at 108 Moorabool Street.
Visit our Revitalising Central Geelong page and like us on Facebook to see more updates.