Are you an established, emerging, or community-based musician or otherwise involved in the music industry?
Check out our resources for musicians to help you navigate your way through the music industry, from performance spaces, promoting your gig, funding opportunities and building your business, as well as getting paid for your work, busking and more.
- Venue Liaison - Consultant Brief: The City of Greater Geelong is looking for a highly skilled person
with experience and networks in the live music industry across a broad range of
venues, genres and programming types to step into the role of the Live and
Local Venues Liaison for 6-8 months.
- Musician and Music Industry Register: The Musician and Music Industry Register is a new platform developed by the City of Greater Geelong in collaboration with the Live Music Office as part of the Live & Local program. It will help to connect emerging to established musicians as well as the wider music industry with incredible opportunities in the Greater Geelong region.
- Live Music Venues Register: If you are a live music venue or a business that is interested in programming music in the Greater Geelong region, please join our Live Music Venues Register to stay in touch for future opportunities.
- Arts & Culture Strategy: The municipal wide Arts and Cultural Strategy, endorsed by Council, sets the direction for further strengthening arts and culture in Geelong over the coming years.
- Busking and entertainment: Permits and information on busking in the City of Greater
- External music organisations and resources: Information about organisations and resources outside City of Greater Geelong, that support local music initiatives.
- Key music programs and partnerships: Information about City of Greater Geelong's
support of local music
- Live Music Action Plan Report: The City of Greater Geelong forged new ground in 2017 by developing a plan to support live music in conjunction with the local music community, as well as the broader music industry.
- Live music venues and event planning: Information for event organisers, venue operators
- Music industry resources: Resources specific to the music industry.
- Resources For musicians: Find some resources that support local musicians