There are some simple things you can do to avoid mosquito bites:
- Wear light coloured, loose fitting clothes that cover your arms and legs. Mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours
- Use effective mosquito repellents, those containing DEET and picaridin are most effective. Always follow label instructions when applying repellents
- Limit outdoor activity if mosquito levels are high, especially at dawn and dusk when mosquitoes are most active
- Use ‘knockdown’ sprays in outdoor areas
- Ensure windows and doors are fitted with flywire screens
Visit the Better Health Channel for more information.