Anyone can apply for a land information certificate, although usually it is your solicitor or conveyancer who does this for you.
Privacy Act requirements may apply.
When you apply for a Land Information Certificate we need to know the details of the property you are purchasing such as:
- the Lot and Subdivision numbers
- the street number and street name
- Volume and Folio numbers from the title
- the current owner's name and address
- your name and address.
All of these details will help us to give you the correct information on the property you are buying.
There are two options for online applicants:
- credit card payment (this option is for individuals who don't regularly apply)
- registered users (this option is for solicitors and conveyancers).
Please note: Online certificate applications may take up to two working days to process.
We will issue a Land Information Certificate to the applicant via email in PDF format within 2 working days from receiving the online application.
To use this service you would normally be spending a minimum of $1,000.00 per month.
Solicitors and conveyancers who wish to receive a monthly account must become a registered user first before applying for any LICs. This will ensure that you receive a monthly account to pay for the certificate/s you have been sent.
- To be eligible to register, you must regularly apply for 40+ land information certificates per month.
- User registration takes approximately one to two working days to be approved
After registering online, we will send you a Credit Application Form to complete. Upon approval of the credit application, you will be supplied with a user identification.
Hard copy applications
If you prefer to apply in writing, you will need to download the application form.
A payment fee of $27.00 is required. If you wish to post in your application, please also download and complete the attached credit card authorisation form.
Once completed you can apply with your payment:
We will post a Land Information Certificate to you once completed.