30 minute small group training sessions on the gym floor.
Our qualified Gym Trainers will motivate you to challenge yourself, and reach goals, 30 minutes at a time.
for group exercise sessions at all centres can be made via our bookings page.
View our change of services page for more information on our current operations.
MOTIVATE30 timetables are updated monthly to keep the program fresh and interesting.
These sessions are free and exclusive to members only.
- 12+ years
- Please bring towel and water bottle
- Prior to class commencement, please inform the instructor if you are new to class, pre/post natal or returning from injury, illness or absence.
Not a member yet? Chat to our friendly staff at reception to join us today!
Motivate30 Eight Week Challenge Starting Soon!
Complete just 24 sessions during our eight week challenge and go into the draw to win a $100 Swim Sport & Leisure voucher.*
Are you up to the challenge?
Terms and Conditions
By participating in this competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is the Greater Geelong City Council, 30 Gheringhap Street, Geelong VIC 3220, ABN 18 374 210 672.
- The competition commences on 10 March 2020 and closes on 10 May 2020.
- Entry is open to current Swim Sport and Leisure members 18 years of age and over.
- The Promoter’s staff, their immediate families and those directly involved with this promotion are ineligible to enter the prize draw.
- Entry into the competition is limited to one entry per person.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- To enter this competition, you must:
The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter the competition repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- 7.1. complete the competition entry form at a Swim Sport and Leisure centre; and
- 7.2. attend at least 24 Motivate classes during this competition, and have your card stamped to prove attendance at each class.
- One winner per Swim Sport and Leisure centre (Leisurelink Aquatic and Recreation Centre; Splashdown Leisure Centre; Waterworld Leisure Centre; and Bellarine Aquatic and Sports Centre) will be determined by draw and will receive a $100.00 voucher redeemable at the Promoter’s Swim Sport and Leisure facilities.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The prize draw will take place at the Promoter’s office at 103 Corio Street, Geelong on 15 May 2020.
- The prize winners will be notified by 22 May 2020 via email. The Promoter’s decision is final and conclusive.
- The prize will be deemed unclaimed if it is not collected as and when directed by the Promoter.
- A further draw for the prizes, if unclaimed, may take place on 5 June 2020 at the same place as the competition draw, but this is subject to change.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated, due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- 16.1. to disqualify any entrant; or
- 16.2. to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition, including but not limited to, the following:
- 17.1. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- 17.2. any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- 17.3. any entry, prize or claim for a prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether before or after receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- 17.4. any variation in prize value from that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- 17.5. any tax liability (including FBT) incurred by an entrant or winner; or
- 17.6. use of the prize.
- The prize winner will make themselves available for publicity and promotional purposes, if required by the Promoter.
These AMRAP’s (As Many Rounds
As Possible) have you working against the clock to complete the circuit as many
times you can.
For people at any fitness level from beginners to advanced. Work on your form, learn variations and progression. Work hard on the barbell exercises like squats, dead lifts, and bench press.
Bodyweight exercises are
strength training exercises that do not require weights; the participant’s
weight provides the resistance for movement.
Using boxing gloves and focus mitts, boxing sessions are designed to work on your cardiovascular fitness in a safe environment, using correct technique. No boxing experience necessary! All participants must wear glover inserts (available for purchase at reception).
Increase your abdominal strength and tone your abs. Develop your core strength and power to ensure efficient and effective power transfer.
A mixture of free weights, fitballs, bosu balls and medicine ball work. All set up in a circuit to challenge strength, core stability, balance and improve muscle tone.
High Intensity Interval Training consists of intense bursts of exercise, followed by short active recovery periods. Designed to burn more fat in a short period of time.
Kettlebell sessions use functional compound
exercises working multiple muscle groups simultaneously, developing strength and muscular endurance.
A low impact session designed to improve flexibility and relieve muscle tension. Learn new mobility drills, stretches and foam roller technique.
Improve your running and general cardio fitness,
available at Waterworld and Splashdown only.
Tabata training is a high
intensity interval training formula that will get your heart pumping, with
periods of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest.
Available to members aged 12- 16 years. A great opportunity to improve fitness and strength using a variety of fun and innovative exercises. Teens will build the confidence to use equipment on the gym floor with the safe guidance from our friendly gym instructor.
These compound bodyweight resistance
exercises using straps that will develop strength,
balance, flexibility, and joint stability simultaneously.