Our Jobs Victoria Advocates will help job seekers in our community connect with employment and training services by providing practical, personalised support.
Our Jobs Victoria Advocates have extensive knowledge of local, state and national employment and training services. They also understand that alternative support may be required for people with special circumstances.
You will find our Jobs Victoria Advocates throughout the Greater Geelong community in places such as local libraries, community centres, neighbourhood houses and events to name a few. Alternatively, they can be reached online and by phone.
Our Jobs Victoria Advocates can help you navigate the employment and training services by:
- referring you to a local Jobs Victoria Partner who can help you update your resume, prepare for job interviews, and connect you with local employers.
- Connect you to local skills and training opportunities through Work and Learning Centres, TAFE Skills and Jobs Centres, and apprenticeship programs.
- Inform you where there are job vacancies in your local area using the Jobs Victoria online hub.
Who can contact our Jobs Victoria Advocates?
There are no restrictions regarding who can access our Geelong Jobs Victoria Advocates.
Are you unemployed, seeking a career change or looking for training pathways?
Are you looking at getting back to work after some time off?
Do you need support with determining your skill gaps, and career options that are suited to your circumstances?
Are you unsure about which training and educational options are your best avenue for bridging a skills gap?
Or do you simply just need some clear information and advice?
Our Job Advocates are ready to help!
How to speak to a Jobs Victoria Advocate
- Complete at online contact form. The information provided on this form will be used by your Jobs Victoria Advocate to prepare for your consultation.
- Your Jobs Victoria Advocate will make contact with you within 24-48 hours once online form has been submitted in order to set up a consultation. Consultations are offered in the following formats: face to face, phone and email.
- During the consultation we will explore a variety of employment and training opportunities to you. We can also discuss alternative support services (i.e. financial, legal, housing, health, etc.) if required.
- Depending on the services discussed during the consultation your Jobs Victoria Advocate will then refer you to a Jobs Victoria partner who can continue to support you on your job search journey.
- Your Jobs Victoria Advocate will check in with you to see how you are going, and see if you need additional support moving forward.
Our Jobs Victoria Advocates are passionate about providing a quality service and referring people to the appropriate organisation to address their needs. As such, our Jobs Victoria Advocates welcome the opportunity to discuss our program in greater detail and to collaborate with local services.
To connect with our Jobs Victoria Advocates, please contact us via [email protected] or 03 5272 5272.
About Jobs Victoria
City of Greater Geelong is just one of many communities where the Victorian Government has invested $619.4 million to provide job seekers with information, advice and support to get back to work through an expanded Jos Victoria.
Visit Jobs Victoria for more information.