Your right to make a complaint

You have a right to make a complaint without it affecting your care or services.

We welcome your feedback regarding our services. At any time you can raise a concern or have an advocate represent you.

If you have a problem with a service, you can talk to your care worker or alternatively contact our office. Office numbers are located on the service contact information sheet provided at the commencement of services.

Community Care contacts

If you are not happy with the outcome of your initial feedback or complaint, you can contact us using the numbers below:

Community Care
Intake Officer 03 5272 4677
Regional Assessment Service (Assessments only)
Regional Assessment (RAS) Officer 03 5272 4098

Further assistance

Sometimes complaints cannot be resolved by Community Care, or you might not feel comfortable raising your concern with us. In these circumstances you may wish to contact on of the organisations below:

Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC PYP)
Department of Health and Human Services 1800 132 468
Commission for Children and Young People 1300 782 978
Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner 1800 550 552
Home Care Packages Program (HCPP)
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner 1800 550 552
Regional Assessment Service (CHSP Assessments only)
Department of Health and Human Services 1800 132 468
Aged Care Complaints Commissioner 1800 550 552

If your complaint still has not been resolved

In this case, you may complain to the relevant minister or an independent body. There are a number of independent bodies available in Victoria to resolve complaints:

  • Seniors Rights Victoria provides information, support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and safeguard the rights, dignity and independence of older people.
  • The Health Services Commission deals with complaints about any private or public health service provider. The commission mediates and conciliates between parties.
  • The Disability Services Commissioner provide an independent and accessible resolution process for people with a disability who have a complaint about services provided by the Department of Human Services, registered disability service provides and funded or contracted services provided under the Disability Act.
  • The Victorian Ombudsman deals with complaints about government departments and local government officers (but it doesn’t cover elected councils or councillors).
  • The Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission deals with complaints about discrimination on the grounds of disability, sex, race, age, industrial activity, marital status, parental status, carer status, political or religious beliefs, sexual orientation or pregnancy.The commission helps people to prepare statements and lodge a complaint, and then mediates between parties to resolve the complaint.
  • Office of the Public Advocate represents the interests of Victorian people with a disability. The office is a statutory agency, independent of government and has the power to investigate and take action in situations where people are exploited, neglected or abused.
  • Regulatory industry boards regulate the conduct of particular professions and deal with complaints against professionals in that industry. The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) covers most State-based health providers.
Contact Details
Senior Rights Victoria (Elder Abuse) 1300 368 821
Health Services Commission (Health) Complaints Commissioner 1300 582 113
Disability Services Commissioner 1800 677 342
[email protected]
State Government Ombudsman 1800 806 314
Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission 1300 292 153
Office of the Public Advocate 1300 309 337
Regulatory Industry Board Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency 1300 419 495

No change to your service

We encourage and invite you to provide feedback, and to make a complaint if needed.

You can expect complaints to be dealt with fairly, promptly and for staff to take steps to ensure that you feel comfortable to continue accessing the service during and after making a complaint.

Complaint confidentiality

Confidentiality will be given to complaints according to the principles of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001.

The complainant’s information will only be used for the purposes of addressing the complaint within the organisation and will actively be protected from disclosure, unless the complainant expressly consents to do so or because we may have statutory obligations or other information disclosure requirements.

Page last updated: Tuesday, 2 November 2021