Our Community Care Department is an approved provider for the Commonwealth Government’s Home Care Packages Program.
The Home Care Package (HCP) Program helps you to live independently in your own home for as long as you can.
There are four package levels which are structured as follows:
- Level 1 supports people with basic care needs
- Level 2 supports people with low-level care needs
- Level 3 supports people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 supports people with high-level care needs.
Each level of home care package provides a different subsidy amount, determined and paid by the Federal government. This amount is paid to an approved home care provider which you select.
The subsidy contributes to the total cost of delivering care to meet your individual needs. It is also expected by the government that you will contribute to the cost of your care where your personal circumstances allow.
You can learn more about how your Home Care Package can work for you, watch Council on the Ageing's (COTA) video.
Quality of life
Living at home is much more than just keeping your house clean and tidy. Our service aims to enrich you life and draws upon an extensive list of services through our preferred provider network, for example:
- Home visiting services – Podiatry, Occupational Therapy, Hairdressers
- Gardening services
- Food preparation
- Aids and equipment assistance
- Planned activity groups and socialisation programs.
We do not charge a basic daily care fee for services provided unless a client is exceeding the funding they are provided within their allocated Home Care Package. However you may need to pay an income tested fee as established by the Centrelink income assessment.
For more detailed information regarding our Home Care Packages Program costs please click on the link above, or speak with our Home Care Package Intake Team.
Eligibility is determined through contacting My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or further information is available on the accessing home care page on the My Aged Care website.
When a home care package becomes available you will receive a letter from My Aged Care to let you know you have been assigned a package. The letter will set out the level of home care package that has been assigned to you and include a unique referral code.
If you are interested in learning more about this, or would like to discuss our Home Care Package Program, please contact one of our very experienced Care Management Officers.
- You are provided with the direct contact details of your Care Manager
- We have been at the forefront of providing of high quality aged care services to the Geelong region for over 30 years.
- Easy transition in services and supports.
- All packages are consumer directed care, which means that we work in partnership with you to assess your needs, and you choose who provides your care.
- The main goal of providing services is to assist you to remain living at home.
- Our Home Care Packages Program draws on our extensive experience in providing aged care services in the Geelong region, providing access to our highly trained and experienced pool of Community Care Workers, which you may already be familiar with through our Commonwealth Home Support Program.
This program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Need to contact us...
Contact our Care Management Officers on 03 5272 4555.