Here is a quick guide to healthier gift giving in the workplace!
Healthy gift giving tips:
- try to gift non-food items where possible
- give gifts that encourage physical activity
- avoid gifting alcohol, chocolates and sweets
- make up healthy hampers including items such as tea, coffee beans, oils, soaps, candles, dried fruit, assorted nuts and chutneys
- instead of baking cakes or biscuits, bake healthier alternatives using fruit as your main sweetener.
- healthy cook books such as vegetarian, low-fat, healthy summer recipes or healthy dessert recipes
- kitchen appliances such as a soda stream for making sparkling water, a vegetable steamer or a blender for fruit smoothies
- mini herb gardens, fruit and vegetable seeds to plant
- healthy cooking classes
- vouchers for active experiences
- health and fitness tracker devices
- pot plants and succulents
- artwork or home decor
- vouchers for spa treatments, massages, facials or pedicures
- fresh, local products and produce hampers.
Healthy gift suppliers
Here is a selection of local healthy gift suppliers:
|Boundary Bend locally grown and bottled olive oils.
Cost: $5 per 250ml bottle
|Adventure Park gift cards
Cost: $39.50 per person, concessions available including free entry for children under 90 centimetres.
|Herb garden starter packs or small plants or seedlings from your local Bunnings Warehouse
||Learn to surf with Go Ride a Wave surfing lessons for adults and children.
Cost: $65 for a 2 hour lesson and gear hire.
|Herbal Tea varieties and hampers from Leaf Tea Room
||Otway Fly Treetop adventures gift vouchers
Cost: $23.75 per adult for the walk and $114 per adult for the zip line tour.
|Homemade jams, chutneys, cooking spices from Karingal Kommercial’s gourmet food range.
Cost: approx $7 per jar
|Sea All Dolphin Swims
Contact: 03 5258 3889
Address: Shop 3, Building 6, Queenscliff Boat Harbour, Queenscliff
Check local retail department stores or sporting outlets for pamper packs, stationary, sporting equipment and handmade gifts!
Have you got kids coming to end of year work celebrations?
Instead of chocolates or treats, why not try some of these healthier gift options for kids?
- sporting sets/equipment
- kids’ gardening tools
- mini herb gardens
- beach games.
Healthy Communities does not endorse any particular product. The products listed above serve as examples of healthy gifts only. If there are any suppliers you would like to see added to the list, please contact Healthy Communities.