Colourful and crunchy fruits and vegetables are an important and enjoyable part of your child’s diet.
They contain essential nutrients
that are vital for children’s health, growth and development. 
Older children will enjoy preparing this easy snack
that provides two serves of fruit and can be altered to suit different tastes!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: Makes one serve
1 apple washed
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 1/2 tablespoons sultanas
- Slice the apple into 1 centimetre thick circles.
- Remove the apple core from the slices using a small knife.
- Spread peanut butter over each of the apple slices.
- Sprinkle coconut and sultanas on top.
- Replace peanut butter with cream cheese or Greek yoghurt for a nut-free option.
- Add shredded carrot, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
- Try adding granola or muesli, cinnamon and coconut.
- Or create your own combination with almond butter, chopped seeds and nuts, cacao nibs, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, or honey.