A limited amount of funding annually is available for a Quick Response Grant when there is a compelling justification to do so. There is a total grant pool of $200,000 for both Community
Events and Quick Response applications.
We recognise that the fixed application timelines of the
Community Events Grants, may prevent some events, which meet the eligibility
criteria, from applying for funding.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available to support moderate sized events within the City of Greater Geelong municipality which bring economic benefits to the City, will strengthen and enrich community, celebrate common interests, showcase local competitive advantages and provide opportunities for local participation.
Who should apply?
Quick Response grants
are open to eligible applicants for events:
- secured by a bidding process and a due date or timeline that doesn’t align with the Community Events Grants dates
- that require a commitment of funding, outside of the Community Events Grants announcement dates for example, the event is to be staged within six months of application
- that require funding at short notice for example, an event in response to an unexpected community issue or a municipal disaster
- that seek an urgent commitment of funding to support a funding application timeline of other levels of government
- that could be secured for Geelong, but were unknown at the time of the previous Community Events Grants application period.
Please read the grant guidelines available below before applying.
For a pre-assessment of your eligibility to apply for a quick response grant, please contact the Event Services Unit on 03 5272 4139 or email [email protected].