The Environmental Sustainability Grants Program aims to assist not-for-profit community organisations in providing opportunities that benefit the wider Geelong community.
Online applications will be accepted until 5:00pm Monday 14 September 2020.
Two categories will be available to choose from as follows:
- Capital Works - grant amounts of up to $4,000 for minor Environmental Capital Works (for example: water tanks)
- Projects - grant amounts of up to $10,000 for the delivery of responsive environmental projects, programs and community activities.
Please ensure you read the grant guidelines before making an application. Examples include events:
- showcasing environmental sustainability
- promoting positive environmental practices
- focused on connecting with nature and our environment.
A downloadable link to the grant guidelines as well as lists of previous grant recipients are available below.
Please refer to our Grants and funding page to find out more about our other community grant programs.
For further information please contact our grants team at [email protected] or phone 03 5272 4736 or 03 5272 5039.
Environmental Sustainability Grants aim to support the initiation, development and delivery of projects that enhance our natural environment and drive sustainability actions across the Geelong region.
We are looking for programs that assist the City to build environmental and sustainability strengths, connect communities and raise the profile of the Geelong municipality as a leader in addressing climate change and environmental challenges in the following areas:
- Protect, enhance and restore our region’s biodiversity
- Move towards a zero-emission, climate-ready city and region
- Create greener community spaces
- Contribute to a circular economy by reducing waste.
Council Plan 2018-2022 - Putting Our Community First guides our resources to deliver infrastructure, services and programs to the community in a sustainable way.
The Environment and Sustainability Grants respond to our Sustainability Framework.