There is a total grant pool of $100,000 to assist owners in conserving heritage buildings within the
Greater Geelong region that contribute to the visual character of the city’s
streetscapes and public space and/or provide community amenity.
This grant is now closed.
Grants of up to:
- $70,000 for projects that relate to a building or streetscape with identified historic value
- $30,000 for projects that are visible to the public and focus on presentation to a street or public space
- $10,000 for feasibility and investigation projects to provide technical, planning, project scoping advice for future restoration projects
Who should apply?
Our priority is to support eligible applicants to undertake projects that involve:
- major conservation works or repairs to key facades or street frontages of the building.
- removal of streetfront additions or alterations
that are unsympathetic to the historical character or style of the building.
- reinstatement of streetfront heritage features
that have been altered or removed over time, including verandahs and balconies,
parapet details, shopfronts, windows and entranceways, historic signage, etc.
- Opened: 5 June 2021
- Closed: 5:00pm on Monday, 6 September 2021
Please ensure you read the grant guidelines below before making an application.