Report improper conduct

The best method for reporting depends on who the disclosure applies to.
Who are you reporting? Where should you report?
Chief Executive Officer or Councillors IBAC
1300 735 135
Victorian Ombudsman
Level 2, 570 Bourke Street, Melbourne
VIC 3000
1800 806 314
Public Interest Disclosure Coordinator (see below) 
Anyone else connected to the City Public Interest Disclosure Coordinator
City of Greater Geelong
PO Box 104, Geelong
VIC 3220
1800 240 744
Alternatively contact IBAC or the Victorian Ombudsman (details above)

What happens after a report?

We will:

  • promptly acknowledge the public interest disclosure
  • make initial enquiries
  • determine whether the complaint qualifies as a public interest disclosure.

If it does meet the criteria, the matter will be referred to IBAC. If not, you will be advised as soon as possible.

Page last updated: Tuesday, 5 October 2021