- ask a neighbour to use their bin if space allows
- hold material over to the next collection
- mulch or compost the material for use around the garden
- contact a garden clean up service
- transport it to either the Geelong or Drysdale Resource Recovery Centres - fees will apply based on quantity.
Council uses a number of different organics processors to
manage the material including its own compost facility at Anakie.
Material produced at the Council’s compost facility isn’t
available for retail sales.
Most of the composted material is used by local farms or
in the rehabilitation of former landfill sites around the municipality.
Any income produced from the sale of composted garden
material helps to offset the cost of decontaminating, shredding, irrigating and
pasteurising the garden material to produce compost and doesn’t provide a net