Four clever and creative organisations are currently conducting clean technology demonstrations in our region with support from Cleantech Innovations Geelong.
Capricorn Power, Deakin University, Focus Pty Ltd and Geelong Sustainability Group Inc. are working on clean technology projects that address stockpiled landfill, household energy use, community solar production and renewable energy.
Clean technologies are economically viable products, services and processes that harness renewable materials and energy sources, dramatically reduce use of natural resources, and decrease or eliminate emissions and wastes.
Cleantech Innovations Geelong is supporting the four successful organisations with advice on grant funding, grant applications, locations, investment, planning, community engagement and intellectual property.
Each organisation also has access to Cleantech Innovations Geelong's extensive stakeholder and supply chain networks, to help bring the clean technology demonstration projects from concept to reality.
The demonstration projects are scheduled to run until October 2021. The successful projects were selected through an expression of interest process in 2019.
Support for demonstration projects
Cleantech Innovations Geelong's support for the clean technology demonstration projects includes:
- small scale grants
- assistance with grant identification and application writing
- assistance with local contacts, stakeholders, supply chains, and connections
- advice and support on suitable locations
- assistance with accessing investment advice
- assistance with accessing planning advice
- advice on community consultation and engagement
- assistance with accessing intellectual property advice
| Expression of interest opened
|| 7 September 2019
| Expression of interest closed
|| 4 October 2019
| Successful projects signed memorandum of understanding
|| January 2020
| Projects started
|| February 2020
| Projects finish
|| October 2021 at latest
About Cleantech Innovations Geelong
Cleantech Innovations Geelong is a business and industry support program funded by the City of Greater Geelong, the Victorian Government and the Geelong Manufacturing Council.
The program aims to attract investment in clean technologies and position Greater Geelong as a clean technology centre of excellence.
Cleantech Innovations Geelong provides hands-on business support including:
- grants for new, collaborative projects that stimulate the market for clean technologies
- activities to develop skills and capabilities around clean technologies
- creating innovative cleantech products through procurement
- sharing success stories and learnings through industry briefings
Cleantech Innovations Geelong’s key activities for 2018–2021 are:
- bringing new cleantech products to market by stimulating demand and providing grants
- inviting proposals for large-scale cleantech demonstration project(s)
- exploring the creation of a cleantech precinct