We work with business and industry, providing support to bring more clean economy solutions to the market.
Developing clean economy solutions
The clean economy encompasses initiatives, practices and products which address climate change mitigation and adaptation, encourage renewables, and compliment the transition to a circular economy.
The circular economy is an innovative model for rethinking our approach to products and services. Underpinned by a transition to renewable energy sources, the three principles of a circular economy are design out waste and pollution, keep products and materials in use, and regenerate natural systems.
The City provides a business and industry support program to develop markets for clean economy solutions. Our vision is to establish Geelong as a Centre of Excellence for the clean economy in Australia, by attracting investment, creating jobs and building skills.
The program has been operating since 2014, delivering
positive economic growth and sustainability outcomes for Greater Geelong. Since 2014 the focus on circular economy
at local, state and federal government level has grown. The release of Recycling Victoria: a new economy
by the Victorian Government in February 2020, enables the City to highlight the circular economy related work we have been involved in,
and do more of it.
While the business support is now provided by City of Greater Geelong, in the past the program was delivered through a partnership funded through the Victorian State Government, the City of Greater Geelong and the Geelong Manufacturing Council. The program is in line with Geelong’s
designation as a UNESCO City of Design and the community-led 30 year vision for a clever and creative future.
Click to enlarge image
Support for your business
How can we help you?
We provide hands-on business support to help you:
- Access grants for new, collaborative projects that stimulate the market
- Deliver activities to develop skills and capabilities
- Create innovative products through procurement
- Explore opportunities to grow markets
- Share success stories and learn from others through industry briefings
Our key activities
- Inviting proposals for scalable clean economy demonstration project(s);
- Bringing new clean economy products to market by stimulating demand through Procurement for Innovation; and
- Exploring the creation of a clean economy precinct.
View our Sustainability Framework & Action Plan, and our Climate Change Response Plan.