Grants of up to $30,000 for commercial building energy efficiency upgrades are available.
Sustainability Victoria's Better Commercial Buildings initiative supports owners of commercial buildings and tenancies (offices, hotels, retail) to conduct energy audits and implement energy efficiency upgrades of their choice, leading to an improvement in building performance. The program also supports post implementation measure and verification, and is available now.
Recipients of our last building upgrade program reported:
- a reduction in energy billing costs
- decreased maintenance costs
- a reduction in tenant complaints
- increased asset value and appeal to prospective tenants, and
- decreased response time in relation to detecting and locating problems.
The program will also provide access to a facilitation service for participants wishing to access third party finance for upgrades.
To check if you are eligible to apply, please visit the Better Commercial Buildings Program at Sustainability Victoria.