These organisations are signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), committing themselves to work together to future proof Geelong.
Signatories provide a key role in promoting Future Proofing Geelong, informing priorities and demonstrating leadership.
This partnership is about delivering collaborative projects that achieve the six key objectives of the MOU:
- enhance relationships between local government, state government, community and industry to advance the sustainability of the Geelong region through collaborative partnerships
- engage local industry and community to help implement actions identified in specific sustainability areas, such as the Low Carbon Growth Plan for Geelong
- attract investment and jobs in cleaner technology to the Geelong region
- support Geelong to become a leader in integrating sustainability considerations into key organisational operations
- develop Geelong as a leading model of a community transitioning to a low carbon economy
- promote “Future Proofing Geelong” as the primary aggregation brand for sustainability initiatives in Geelong, which are aligned to the Low Carbon Growth Plan.
Future Proofing Geelong MOU signatories
(Click on logo to visit website)
Future Proofing Geelong Founding partners