Apply for a footpath trading permit

Footpath trading permits include: Alfresco Dining, A-frames and Goods for Sale.

You will need to complete a footpath trading application form (see below).

Information we need from you includes these details:

  • business name
  • where relevant:
    • a copy of your Public Liability Insurance (PLI) details noting the Council as an interested party - the PLI must be to the value of at least $10 million
    • a detailed site plan at scale 1:100 showing the layout of the proposed footpath activity
    • photographs or detailed drawings of the proposed furniture (where engineering works required)
    • a statement detailing the number of internal seats as per the occupancy permit for the building
    • payment of the applicable fee

      Please note: fees for 2020-2021 have been waived for A-Frame and Alfresco Dining permits.
    • a copy of your liquor licence if you want to serve alcohol in the outdoor area.

You will also be required to sign a declaration.

Payment of the relevant fee must be made when lodging your application.

Lodgement of these documents and payment of the fee can be completed by mail or email.

Your application will be assessed and we will contact you if there is anything that needs to be clarified.

If you need further assistance, it may be beneficial to speak with the Officer who will be assessing your application on 03 5272 4500.

Page last updated: Wednesday, 28 April 2021