We select our Family Day Care (FDC) Educators based on their experience, knowledge and qualifications in the childcare industry.
We follow and promote the Child Safe Standards. We aim to protect and empower all children and maintain a zero tolerance to child abuse.
We only register Contract Educators that meet our high professional expectations and that are willing to provide an exemplary service for the families and children of the local municipality.
We assess their:
- knowledge and practice in child development
- health and hygiene
- first aid
- interpersonal and communication skills
- safety and suitability of their homes and vehicles.
We operate under the Australian standards and State Government regulations. Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2012 and the Law Act 2010, within the perimeters of the National Quality Standard, the National Early Years Learning Framework and the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
All FDC Educators are required to have:
- Certificate III in Children’s Services (as a minimum)
- National Police check
- State Working with Children check and
- current senior First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates.
A Medical check and a vehicle checks ( if applicable) are also required.
We meet with all members of the family and any other residents of the home, and those over 18 years are also required to have a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
We also seek the following qualities:
- flexibility, creativeness, commitment and an understanding of the developmental needs of children
- ability to:
- understand and comply with the policies and procedures
- develop and maintain a professional trusting relationship with the children and families using care
- a basic level of computer literacy and access to the internet
- respond to ongoing support and direction from the scheme
- provide a secure and stimulating environment for children
- provide consistent and meaningful documentation supporting the planning cycle
- willingness to participate in professional development and scheme activities
Monitoring Family Day Educators
Our Family Day Care Support Officers make unannounced home visits to FDC Educators to observe the children in care and to support and monitor FDC Educators.
These visits are documented. Compliance Checks from the Department of Education and Training are also made.
Benefits of becoming a Family Day Care Educator
- promote your registration with a service rated and assessed at an exceeding standard, in the knowledge we only take the most professional and dedicated Early Childhood professionals
- provide individualised care and education for a small group of children
- receive professional support from the FDC co-ordination unit,
- become a part of a network of professional Family Day Care Educators
- access professional development training and resources
- operate your own small business from home
- take advantage of our service’s Register of Required care (Waiting List) to assist in filling vacancies
- ensure your invoice for services provided are paid to you fortnightly, clients are billed by the service for care provided. No chasing fees!